Thursday, June 4, 2009

Blessings

Eva and Sara hanging out at the Rio de la Plata looking at downtown Buenos Aires.

It was such a blessing to have my friends Sara and Eva come for a visit! I have been friends with Sara for 20 years, and became close friends with Eva 16 years ago after we became roommates. In addition to the amazing-ness of laughing and crying and talking about everything under the sun, they also really blessed me in practical ways. Sara brought a router with her and I was able to get wireless, therefore moving out of my dark, depressing hallway into the sunny living room! I've been planning on this move for six months now, and really love it!


Now granted, the only heater is in the dark, depressing hallway, and today it is 61 degrees (16 C) both inside and outside of my apartment, but I have a scarf and a blanket and sunshine!

Eva set up an incredibly helpful Excel spreadsheet which will allow me to track all expenses, both those where I receive advances and those I submit expense reports for. This week's work will be to work on the five months of back expenses....


Here I am walking with my soccer buddy Ezequiel, with Sara looking back at Eva the photographer. Not only were Sara and Eva game enough to play Ezequiel at soccer (three on one) but we also walked down to the San Isidro Sunday market with him.

Sara noticed this brand of burger, yum!