Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Trip to Misiones --Travel

This is the first in a series of picture-dense postings about my trip last week to Misiones Province (Argentina) and Foz do Iguaçu, Brazil.


I stayed in Puerto Esperanza some of the nights and this is a restaurant I passed on my walk to the bus station. I want to know if that DiscoChef can dance?


This is my bus arriving to take me to the nearby town of Wanda, where my contact Ricardo lives during the week. He had scheduled a meeting with some people from his church who were interested in CHE.

I'm really glad the windows are open, it's HOT!

Above is the bus terminal in Wanda.

It's Saturday morning and we're ready to go to Colonia Lanusse, a rural area, so that I can give a vision seminar to people interested in CHE. This is Carlitos' truck. He drove really quickly on the dirt roads that were heavily rutted by the recent rains. I'm glad I didn't come back with him that day: he opened up the oil tank (?) on his car and they had to walk a ways and hitch a ride back to town.


We pulled over to the side of the road to let this truck go by. In this picture you can sort of see how rutted the road is, since at this point the cab is leaning one way and the trailer another. Pine trees are not native to the area but have become a big crop in the past few years.

How beautiful is this?


Carlitos, Ricardo, and Emilia sharing tereré on the porch of Ricardo and Emilia's country home.

Above is Emilia's wood-fired stove. She'd made a yummy soup for lunch, which (of course) included manioc/cassava, very popular in this part of the country.