Friday, June 24, 2011

The American Midwest


My Aunt Char, me, and my Mom in Minnesota.

My "tour of the American Midwest" is about to come to an end. I have been in Minnesota, Michigan, and now Ohio, visiting with churches, family, and friends. I have had a lot of opportunities to speak about the wonderful things happening in Haiti, as well as some time to just hang out.

People have been the focus of my stay. But since those of you reading this won't know most of the people I've been with, I'll list other delights:
  • hot water!
  • "cool" weather for running
  • speedy internet available absolutely everywhere
  • customer service
  • food: Thai food, Punch pizza (St. Paul), home-made bread and pannekoeken (thanks, Libby!), lettuce, cheese, hummus, strawberries, blueberries, s'mores, superb coffee


My Mom moved out of my childhood home six months ago and is living very happily in a retirement community. I had the opportunity to speak to people there a few nights ago. A very appreciative audience!

On Monday I head to Seattle to meet my newest nephew!
A baby Canadian goose relaxing in Ohio.