Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Conference

Above are the famous "sierras," or low mountains, of the province of Cordoba. Beautiful!

We sang lots of songs this weekend. Above is Victor, a youth from Paraguay who was familiar with one of the songs and showed us a mime that he does to it in his church. Behind him are Eduardo and his wife Leticia. They both work with Centro Kairos.

Below are the lyrics to the song Victor had movements for (my translation):

In order for a flower to be born, the seed goes into the ground,
It grows with sun, rain, to a plant, to a flower.
That's how our life goes, trying for happiness,
Which is gained with sweat, effort, faith, and courage.

Chorus:
I dare to fight and to live, I dare to sing and to laugh,
I dare to dream of a better world, to make with my hands a world of love.
I dare to confront in truth, I dare to stand up,
I dare to go with justice looking for peace.

One has to live with courage and confront reality,
In order to see the sun, and the night will be left behind,
By faith in God and having the sure knowledge
That when doubt comes God will be my strength.

Above is another "Derbyshire-like" scene. We only had a 20-minute break on Saturday, so I quickly ran up to the top of the hill to see the stunning view one last time.