Tuesday, October 9, 2007

No fear

October 3, 2007

Flowers at Balboa Park.

I left a lecture a few minutes early – too sleepy! I went outside to a balcony at the San Diego Convention Center to think and pray. I am challenged here at the conference because I truly love clinical medicine. There are a lot of frustrations in primary care, but I love emergency medicine, addiction medicine, tuberculosis, osteopathic manipulative medicine, and more. I started thinking about how I am leaving clinical medicine to do holistic work, including community health and prevention, which I also love. I started wondering if this was the right decision.

And then I realized: I’m not choosing to leave clinical medicine forever, or to move to Argentina for the rest of my life. That may be the way that things turn out, but that is not what I am doing. I am choosing to follow God, and right now this is what God has for me.

How freeing! No condemnation, no judgment, no worry, no fear!