Friday, February 8, 2008

Apartment

It's so nice to be in a place where I understand enough of the language to (usually) understand the jokes! The other day I was with a group of people, most of whom were in their 60s, 70s, and 80s. One of the men said: I'm missing a prostate, a hernia, and a gallbladder, but I'm not about to go looking for them! Tee-hee!

Here are some pictures of the apartment I'm renting. It's been so great to have a furnished place to start out in! This is the apartment of a friend's brother-in-law, and the kitchen has dishes and cooking utensils, the wardrobes have sheets and towels, and the office/hallway has a speedy internet connection. I am so thankful to have this place for now since the typical apartment lease is for two years and I'm still not sure which is the most strategic city for me to live in. Additionally, I would have to buy not only furniture but likely kitchen appliances for an apartment, and that is a big commitment in time, energy, and money to make right away.

Here's the view from the outside, my apartment is on the second floor on the left hand side of the cream-colored building. You can just barely see a window and a balcony through the trees. My door is the dark green one you see. The raised basket out front is where I can put my trash every night:

Here's another view, and my apartment's on the left of this picture, and my windows are nearly totally concealed. There is a hardware store below my apartment to the right.

Across the street is a homemade pasta store, but I haven't tried that yet. Just down the block is a bakery, with incredibly cheap breads and treats. The laundromat is four blocks away.

This is my living room, complete with balcony. This is where my phone is, and sometimes I have to close the patio doors because there's a bus stop just outside which gets very loud!

This is my super-huge kitchen:
This is my bedroom. Two of the walls are entirely covered with wardrobes, which keeps it super-neat:
This is the beautiful view looking slightly down from my bedroom window. You can see part of three different backyards (below me, below me and ahead a bit, and next door):

This is the hallway, which is also used as an office. If we talk on Skype, this is where I'm sitting. You can see the second (front) bedroom to the left, and the door to the staircase which leads outside on the right.

This is my patio, superb for drying clothes since it's full sun during the day.