Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Traveling Again

Lucrecia and her mother, Doña Lidia, make fried empanadas the night after the training in Burela, Salta.

Well, I've been delayed in posting -- I have had a lot to catch up on after my travels. I just counted, and in this 50-day stretch I'll be staying away from home 25 of the nights, so I thought I would post the rest of my itinerary! This is actually a great agenda for my second - third month in the country, since making contacts and networking are very important parts of my job.

March 12 - 14, Wednesday - Friday
Evangelismo Cono Sur
Maximo Paz (province of Buenos Aires)
10 - 20 people get together to share our different visions of how to bring the good news of peace with God and harmony with our brothers and sisters to the southern "cone" of South America.

March 27 - 30, Thursday to Monday
How to Include Children and Adolescents Conference
Villa Giardino (Cordoba province)
Three days of meetings with various NGOs, including Compassion International, about how to work with marginalized children and adolescents. I'm just an attendee/networker at this one -- nice and relaxing!

April 4 - 6, Friday to Sunday
Rosario (third largest city in Argentina, in the province of Santa Fe)
I'm going there to meet with various individuals who are considering starting a CHE program in their city.

April 7 - 15, Monday to the following Tuesday (including travel)
Latin America Regional Council
Miami, Florida
LifeWind's Latin American missionaries (of whom I believe only two of us are American?) yearly meeting. Miami was chosen because it is very close for most of the attendees since the majority of the Western Hemisphere's programs are in the Caribbean and Central America.

April 15 and beyond
Anybody's guess! Just kidding. However, I don't have a return flight booked yet. I'm still considering flying to Cleveland, Ohio, since I'll be relatively close and my father and stepmother's church recently agreed to provide some financial support even though I have not met with their missions committee. I will be checking out flights to see if this is feasible.