Monday, March 30, 2009

St. Paul

The Como Park Conservatory. I've loved this place since I was a kid. Even though the suggested donation has gone up from 50 cents to two dollars, it's still worth it to see rooms full of plants and flowers like this one.

My Aunt Char, with whom I'm sure I went as a child to the conservatory many times!


Spring in Minnesota means you need a good slicker and an umbrella. One of the reasons I love Minnesota is that it is easy to be outdoors all year. Despite the cold and the snow there are shoveled paths around lakes and the Mississippi and lots of people are out enjoying the scenery.

Paul and Libby at the best pizzeria outside of Naples, Italy. Yum!


Holly came down from Duluth and Erin and her daughter drove in from a 'burb. Holly and I were youth pastors together (way back when Erin was in high school) and later that day when Holly and I were at a coffee shop with my computer we started chatting with Jennifer, another young woman who was also in the youth group. She's now in Qatar -- the internet still amazes me with its usefulness and free-ness.