Saturday, September 22, 2007

Board meeting Friday night

Above are Stan Rowland, the founder of the CHE strategy, and his interpreter for the evening, Don ____. This photo was taken at last night´s first-ever board meeting for Comunidades Vivas, or Living Communities. The participants have varying skills, from doctors and veterinarians to a kindergarten teacher and a businessman.


Above are Silvia and Nora. Silvia is the OB/gyn physician with whom I hung out at her maternity hospital my first full day here.
I ended up not going to the meeting of the palliative care/hospice group. There was too much to get ready and pack for the urban training, and Marcelo also decided that I should be there for the entire board meeting. This was great because as people arrived, Stan (ever the teacher) related the exciting things going on with new urban CHE programs in the Phoenix area. Also, during the meeting I interpreted for Stan from Spanish to English.