Monday, September 17, 2007

Trip to Buenos Aires


Image from www.argentina.gov.ar

Cultural fact: buses are apparently a very comfortable way to travel, and the seats even fold back like beds! I will have the opportunity to check this out on my way to Buenos Aires Friday night. I will arrive in Buenos Aires on Saturday morning and will meet Annie, a woman that I first met when I worked with her husband at the Billy Graham Evanglistic Association in 1993. It was through them that I first started receiving correspondence from the mission field, from Bibiana who is now my supervisor! They knew that I was interested both in medicine (that was before I had even taken the pre-requisite courses for medical school) and missions, and showed me her letters from Haiti.

Great opportunity: Bibiana arrives in Buenos Aires on Sunday morning, and has a meeting that morning with the AsociaciĆ³n Cristiana Uruguaya de Profesionales de Salud (ACUPS). I get to join in on the meeting, which is great since there may be opportunities in the future for work in both Uruguay and Chile. Uruguay borders Argentina to the northeast, and Chile extends along Argentina´s western border, separated by the Andes.