Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Epic Volunteer Christmas party

Nadia, Erin, and me at the party

Sunday night was our church's volunteer Christmas party. This was my third one, and I'm always so impressed with the number of people that volunteer in the children's ministry, sound, ushering, greeting, set-up, food pantry, etc. Plus, it's a collection of really fun people. Our staff also really go all out with the set-up, food, and entertainment.

I'll try to get some video copy for you because there was some can't-miss entertainment that night!

I'm also super-impressed with our church body in general. I've been "home" for three full days now, and have been asked by so many people the status of my house. So many people are praying for this issue! The upshot on the house, hot off the press with today's changes, is as follows: the December 18 deal fell through. I countered an investor's offer today for a December 28 close date. I really would like this to be over, since with paperwork, faxing, phone calls, starting repair projects, cleaning, and weeding, it's taking nearly daily work.