Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Yet Another Exciting Day

Ladies' card group (plus my sister) last September -- absolutely nothing to do with today's posting.

A snapshot of some of the things I did today:
  • Stopped by the church office to fax some things about my upcoming move. I met lots of women from the church who were busy filling boxes for our food pantry. Go Cameo and her team!
  • My realtor called to tell me the latest house deal fell through (see two postings back). Good news: I get the earnest money. I went to the house and cleaned the pool, weeded, changed smoke alarm batteries, lit the pilot to the fireplace, and swept. Joe (from church) is still mowing my lawn regularly and it looks beautiful. My wonderful neighbors, Bruce and Peachy, loaned me a broom, dustpan, and ladder. I didn't have time to stop by for coffee today, but I did two days ago.
  • Went to Florence to get fingerprints required for my FBI clearance which is needed for a visa to Argentina. I got some money orders (no one trusts anyone these days!) and went to the Pinal County Sheriff's Office for the second time in two days. They had told me by phone I could come until 5 pm. I arrived at 3:24 and was told that they stop doing it at 3:30. The clock in the office was fast and the worker told me I would have to come back tomorrow. Shades of bureaucracy to come?
  • Met a mover at Nadia's house who assessed the items I'm planning on moving to Minnesota. The government will pay for me to move back to my "home of record" and my Aunt Char is kind enough to offer to store some boxes for me. My friend Nadia in Arizona has offered to keep my things, but if something changes in her living arrangements it seems so silly to pay for storage when I can get free shipment to the land of basements.
Fun fact: on the application for a visa to Argentina, it requests: Two (5) color pictures. ¾ Right profile, 1 ½ inch by 1 ½ inch. Now, is that two or five pictures????? Tee-hee! I have yet to find a place to do the photos. Office Max, for example, can only do 2 x 2 photos, full-face.