Thursday, December 20, 2007

THE HOUSE IS SOLD!!!!

Yippee! Yahoo! I am thrilled to announce that after 5 1/2 months in an ever-worsening market, I am no longer a home-owner!

The house had become a huge burden in terms of time and finances. Big thanks again to Erin for being my POA in September and October, Jeff for working long hours on my troublesome pool, Joe for continuing to groom my lawn to perfection while awaiting the sale, Ernie for the repairs he did in September, and Nadia for storing my things and letting me stay with her even though I still had a house of my own. Big shout out to God for the relief of the sale and for the amount that I still have in my savings account despite the loss I took. Thanks to everyone who was vigilant in prayer for this issue.

I'm also grateful to Cassie and J -- Kinko's internet was down two days ago and so I went to their house to print documents, then to J's work for him to notarize and explain my documents (since he's both a notary and a realtor) and FedEx them.

That night was great -- instead of completing the continuing medical education due next week by myself at a dial-up computer, I went to J's office with Cassie and Robyn and we worked together (which is legal, by the way!). It's much more fun to spend 4+ hours with others, and I was also glad to see Robyn for the first time since her wedding.