Thursday, December 13, 2007

House Sale

My nephew William, holding an early Christmas present on his way to the "jumping park" today -- not related to this blog!

I wanted to give an update on my house sale -- the latest contract (the fifth? sixth? I've signed since July), which I signed last Friday evening, is going through so far! As I mentioned a few posts ago, I will be losing money on the house. However, the plus side is that I do still have enough money in my savings account to cover it, and I might be out of the house in 2007. We're shooting for a close date of December 28, which would be delightful. With my traveling, this will require some overnighting of documents and wire transfers, but if we get that far that hopefully means we'll close the deal!

So, while I'm not excited about the financial aspect of it, I am thrilled to think of getting out of the house before the time I've planned to move to Argentina -- that would have been a financially challenging decision. I have also had to go over to my house on a regular basis to work, clean, etc. Now, I'm sure I've complained about having to work on it, but really the difficult thing has been going over there, seeing a house I loved and where I had some really good and really difficult times, and which I haven't lived in since August. I've also been gone so much the past several months and have rotated through so many wonderful people who've taken care of different aspects of the house in my absence, it will be nice not to have to do that anymore!