Monday, December 10, 2007

On the road again


At a market in Argentina -- "I'll have no problem decorating my home there!" she thought gleefully.

My movers (paid for by my last job!) are here right now, and then I'll head off on a loooong road trip:

Monday and Tuesday: Phoenix, Arizona to Austin, Texas

Wednesday (and Thursday?): hang out with my brother Matthew, his wife Michelle, and my two nephews William and Alexander.

Thursday and Friday (or Friday and Saturday?): Austin, Texas to St. Paul, Minnesota

I'm actually looking forward to the drive -- and I don't usually like driving at all. I got some books on CD from the library: my little Florence, Arizona library told me that I can renew them by phone while I'm gone as long as I didn't take super-popular ones -- it's great to be at a small place. I'm also really looking forward to seeing my brother's family, which I couldn't have done without driving.

My time in Minnesota will be spent support-raising, relationship-building, going through and documenting what's in the boxes I'm storing, and my usual work of: house-selling, plans for Argentina, preparing paperwork for my visa, and miscellaneous office work. I'm also planning on taking a few days of vacation!

More Travels
On Monday, January 7 I fly from Minnesota to Berkeley, California for a final confab with my sister Lorena and brother-in-law Gregor. I have some work items with them (ordering printer cartridges and other electronics supplies, figuring some things out with my new computer) but we'll also hopefully take a few days off. The last two times I've seen them it's seemed like non-stop work from morning till night (when they helped me move out of my house and when we were at our mom's).

Then I fly to Phoenix on Friday, January 11 -- Bruce and Peachy are going to pick me up from the airport and we'll hang out. I'll have nearly two weeks here in Arizona before moving to Argentina. I hope to leave on Thursday, January 24, but I need to make sure that my friend (with the keys to the apartment!) will be in town before booking the flight. January's the biggest vacation month down there.