Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Birthday Celebration

Brunch with my friend Cherie, her husband Chris, and their growing boys Ian and Simon. They remembered it was my birthday and made me a cake, in addition to quiche and coffee cake. Yummy!
Cherie and I took a walk and came back to find the boys sledding in the front yard. They invited us to join them -- here's Cherie with her boys:



And here am I, ending gracefully!

In the evening, Paul and Libby came over with their sons Gibbie and Ezra. Here we are rocking out with my Uncle Jim.
Libby made me a cake with 9 eggs! It was incredibly rich and delicious.

I got some help blowing it out!

My friend Pat came over later in the evening, but I didn't get a picture. He, my two cousins, my Aunt Char and I rung in the New Year very quietly. This picture is from a few days earlier, when we had breakfast at the Neighborhood Cafe. I've known Pat since he was going into 8th grade! He's got a blog now, www.theoutdoorcat.blogspot.com