Thursday, January 10, 2008

Itinerary

This is a photo taken on my brother-in-law's birthday. The dish on the left was described as "Sesame Flatbread: Big, Yeast-raised, Gorgeous Replacement for Rice."

Phew! I've just been working on learning the process of accounting at this new job. I'm making progress, but it's all very new for me.

Quick note on my itinerary for the near future:
  • Friday, January 11 I go back to Arizona
  • Thursday, January 24 I leave for Argentina!

Lots of people have asked about how long I plan to stay in Argentina. The answer is that I don't know. I have thought about doing this type of work for over a decade, and really hope that this is what I will do for the long-term, say the next 20 or 30 years. That said, my faith leads me to be flexible, following the blowing of the Spirit! I have said it before, but my life has never been boring! :)

I actually have a ticket to come back to the US in April for a conference in Miami. It's a meeting of all of LifeWind's people who are in Latin America. I'm so glad this will be happening so soon after I start. I have already gotten to meet several people involved in Latin America at the trainings I attended in September in Buenos Aires.

I will also need to come back for continuing medical education to keep up my US medical license. This will likely be every two years, possibly every three, and will be to different cities.